Become a Certified Home Watch Reporter™
The International Home Watch Alliance™ offers a certification examination for Home Watch Professionals. You can become an IHWA Certified Home Watch Reporter™ by passing the multiple-choice and true/false examination.
The designation of IHWA Certified Home Watch Reporter shows that you, and your team members, have demonstrated your knowledge base, endorsement of the highest industry standards and commitment to professional development.
The logo and designation represent to homeowners, Realtors, Insurance Professionals and all service providers that they can be confident when engaging the services of, or referring their clients to, an IHWA Certified Home Watch Reporter.
Home Watch Foundation Examination
The Home Watch Foundation Examination is available to IHWA Approved Members.
The Home Watch Foundation Examination is a closed book, multiple-choice and true/false examination to be completed in one (1) hour. The examination is administered as an online web-based examination with a web proctor.
The passing score is 80% or greater.
Designation upon passing the examination: IHWA Certified Home Watch Reporter™
You must be an IHWA member in good standing.
Examination fee is $179*
*Exam Fee is waived in 2021 for the business owner(s). The fee does apply to employees and team members.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between membership and certification?
- Annual membership is available for Home Watch Business Organizations. Membership is for marketing programs, professional development, access to IHWA resources, rights to leverage logos, and other IHWA media. Certification is at the individual level and demonstrates to the market that the individual has the in-depth knowledge and expertise in the field of Home Watch.
How much does it cost to take the certification test?
- $179 per Home Watch Reporter
How do I prepare for the test?
- Preparing for the examination can be through your own experiences, attending a Home Watch Training Program offered by a training provider, or self-study.
Who administers the examination?
- The IHWA is the governing body that administers and manages the exam blueprint of the IHWA Foundation examination.
Where do I sit the test?
- The examination is offered online and is taken at your own computer in the comfort of your home office.
What is the passing score?
- A score of 80%, or higher, is passing.
What happens if I fail?
- Candidates will be able to retake the examination after a 5 day waiting period and after paying for the exam retake.
What do I get after I pass?
- Upon successful completion of the IHWA Foundation Examination, you will receive a certificate demonstrating that you are an IHWA Certified Home Watch Reporterl™/IHWA-CHWR, update on your IHWA directory listing with IHWA-CHWR logo, copies of the logo to add to your website and promotional materials, and more.
Contact Us About Certification